Avnet SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Avnet, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Avnet is one of the leading brands in the consumer electronics sector. The article below lists the Avnet SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Avnet, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Avnet looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Avnet :
1. Diversified product portfolio the company generated maximum revenue from semiconductors category, followed by computer products, passives, electromechanical and connectors
2. Globally spread operations - Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Asia/Pacific; total of 30+ countries
3. Strong supplier base of 700 suppliers
4. Good brand perception – amongst Forbes Magazine’s most admired companies
5. Approx 20000 people are a part of the organisation
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Avnet SWOT Analysis:
1. Revenues decline and Decline in operating profit is a concern
2. Highly competitive sector means market share growth is restricted
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Avnet SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase in market share and expertise through a large number of acquisitions
2. Collaboration in the distribution channels through tie-ups with CISCO and NetApp
3. Rising growth of cloud computing market – estimated to increase market opportunities
4. Growing electronics components market – expected to reach and Growing semiconductors market
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Avnet are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition with large number of competitors bigger than having more capabilities, like – Arrow electronics, Future Electronics, World Peace Group
2. Rapid technological changes which may be difficult without considerable R&D expenditure
3. Most of the company’s revenue come from Europe and the US, which are facing slowdown
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Avnet:
1. Arrow Electronics, Inc.
2. Ingram Micro Inc.
3. Tech Data Corporation
4. Future Electronics
5. WPG Holdings Limited
Hence this concludes the Avnet SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Electronic Equipment and Computing
Accelerating your success
Across the board support – from design to delivery
Industrial distributors of electronic components, enterprise computers and storage products and embedded subsystems
Corporates, SMEs, Electronics manufacturers
A brand that exceeds customer’s expectations and needs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Avnet. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us