Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Kimberly-Clark analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Kimberly-Clark SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Kimberly-Clark to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Kimberly-Clark is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Kimberly-Clark SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Kimberly-Clark SWOT Analysis:
For Kimberly-Clark, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Kimberly-Clark looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Kimberly-Clark :
1. Portfolio consists of strong market leading products such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Kotex and Depend 2. Continuous investment in innovation and product marketing 3. Strong performance of personal care products has helped support the top line growth 4. Has over 40,000 employees, is listed among Fortune 500 companies and has presence in 175 countries
5. Efficient supply chain and strong management team
6. Taken responsibility to provide product donations, corporate contributions and volunteer efforts for variety of disasters which have taken place around the world
7. Heavily invested in sustainability, products with sustainable wood fiber, recycling of packaging etc.
8. Strong advertising and marketing of all its products ensures strong brand recognition
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Kimberly-Clark SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth 2. Fake products sold under its brand name lead to brand dilution
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Kimberly-Clark SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong potential in online growth of its products 2. Increasing customer preference for organic and natural care products 3. Growing importance of emerging markets, and strengthen presence in China and Russia
4. Acquisitions and alliances should help the company expand its global business portfolio
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Kimberly-Clark are as mentioned:
1. Continued recession condition in Europe will affect its business 2. Intense competition among FMCG companies to gain market share in consolidated markets 3. Threat from private labels which are cheaper as compared to Kimberly-Clark products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Kimberly-Clark:
1. The Procter & Gamble Company 2. Unilever Plc. 3. Johnson & Johnson
Hence this concludes the Kimberly-Clark SWOT analysis.
Strong brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies among others
Products for daily needs
Global hygiene company offering personal care and consumer products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Kimberly-Clark. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute