Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Strepsils analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Strepsils SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Strepsils to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Strepsils is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Strepsils SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Strepsils competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A complete range of products to treat sore throats, cough, cold.
Throat lozenge segment
Urban middle class adults
A palatable, comfortable, reliable and very effective way to soothe a sore throat.
SWOT Analysis of Strepsils
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Strepsils:
1. Strepsils is the medicated throat lozenge which dominates both pharmacy and grocery. 2. A clear leader in the pharmacy throat lozenge market. 3. Highly marketed brand sold in around 110 countries. 4. The formula for strepsils has never changed since its inception giving it a strong hold.
5. Various flavors available 6. Good advertising and availability across the world
Here are the weaknesses in the Strepsils SWOT Analysis:
1. Rural presence is negligible 2. Presence of other popular brands means brand switching is high
Following are the Opportunities in Strepsils SWOT Analysis:
1. To explore untapped rural market 2. To make it a tasty brand to be taken without any ailment also 3. Tie-ups with schools, hospitals, corporate etc
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Strepsils are as mentioned:
1. Substitutes such as Ayurvedic medicines. 2. Other cough syrups, balms, etc
Below are the top 4 competitors of Strepsils:
1.Cepacol 2.Chloraseptic 3.TCP
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Strepsils. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute