Zandu Balm SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Zandu Balm, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Zandu Balm to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Zandu Balm is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Zandu Balm SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Zandu Balm SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Zandu Balm, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Zandu Balm looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Zandu Balm :
1. Present in the market for last 100 years, thus has a kind of legacy and Indianness associated with it and very well accepted in the market.
2. One of the power brands of Emami and assumes the leadership position in the product category, it ranked no. 3 in the OTC personal care category as per brand equity most trusted brands.
3. Availability in smaller containers of 1.2 ml ensures customer affordability and wider reach.
4. Celebrity endorsements by people from diverse fields further strengthen the brand
5. Good availability and distribution due to strong parent brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Zandu Balm SWOT Analysis:
1. It does not have any differentiating ingredients; all of its competitors claim to have the same methyl salicylate and herbal ingredients as Zandu.
2. Involvement in controversies over copyright violation of Zandu balm with Dabangg though gave it publicity but negatively affected the brand image.
3. Emami’s own brand Mentho plus also caters to the same segment giving rise to cannibalization.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Zandu Balm SWOT Analysis:
1. It has such intense emotional bonding with its users that every consumer research on packaging throws back a design that is closest to the original pack.
2. By Munni( malaika arora) doing a special ad for zandu, the brand would benefit from the success of movie Dabangg too.
3. Sedentary lifestyles will create a fresh demand for pain relievers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Zandu Balm are as mentioned:
1. The Brand is moving towards becoming generic with such long years of existence in the market. In 2010, the name being used in a movie song caused a lot of furore.
2. Pain relief sprays might act as substitutes and hurt the entire category
3. Cheap imitation products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Zandu Balm:
1. Amrutanjan balm
2. Mentho Plus balm
Hence this concludes the Zandu Balm SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Zandu Balm Overview|
Desh ka balm-Ek balm teen kaam
Unique Ayurvedic formulation that gives relief from three kind of pains-headaches, colds and body pains
|Zandu Balm STP|
Pain relief brand
With already established presence in the middle aged and old, company now targets youth
A unique formulation, arrived at after thousands of versions
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Zandu Balm. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us