Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Zandu Balm analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Zandu Balm SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Zandu Balm to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Zandu Balm is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Zandu Balm SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Zandu Balm competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Unique Ayurvedic formulation that gives relief from three kind of pains-headaches, colds and body pains
Zandu Balm STP
Pain relief brand
With already established presence in the middle aged and old, company now targets youth
A unique formulation, arrived at after thousands of versions
SWOT Analysis of Zandu Balm
Zandu Balm Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Zandu Balm:
1. Present in the market for last 100 years, thus has a kind of legacy and Indianness associated with it and very well accepted in the market. 2. One of the power brands of Emami and assumes the leadership position in the product category, it ranked no. 3 in the OTC personal care category as per brand equity most trusted brands. 3. Availability in smaller containers of 1.2 ml ensures customer affordability and wider reach. 4. Celebrity endorsements by people from diverse fields further strengthen the brand
5. Good availability and distribution due to strong parent brand
Zandu Balm Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Zandu Balm SWOT Analysis:
1. It does not have any differentiating ingredients; all of its competitors claim to have the same methyl salicylate and herbal ingredients as Zandu. 2. Involvement in controversies over copyright violation of Zandu balm with Dabangg though gave it publicity but negatively affected the brand image. 3. Emami’s own brand Mentho plus also caters to the same segment giving rise to cannibalization.
Zandu Balm Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Zandu Balm SWOT Analysis:
1. It has such intense emotional bonding with its users that every consumer research on packaging throws back a design that is closest to the original pack. 2. By Munni( malaika arora) doing a special ad for zandu, the brand would benefit from the success of movie Dabangg too. 3. Sedentary lifestyles will create a fresh demand for pain relievers
Zandu Balm Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Zandu Balm are as mentioned:
1. The Brand is moving towards becoming generic with such long years of existence in the market. In 2010, the name being used in a movie song caused a lot of furore. 2. Pain relief sprays might act as substitutes and hurt the entire category 3. Cheap imitation products
Zandu Balm Competition
Zandu Balm Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Zandu Balm:
1. Amrutanjan balm 2. Mentho Plus balm 3.Tiger balm
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Zandu Balm. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute