Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Loctite analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Loctite SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Loctite to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Loctite is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Loctite SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Loctite SWOT Analysis:
For Loctite, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Loctite looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Loctite :
1. It is the World’s no. 1 Brand in Adhesive and sealants 2. Started in 1953, it has been the leader in technology in adhesives and has excellent R&D facilities and researchers 3. Loctite has a wide range of popular products for specific needs of both the industrial and home users of adhesives 4. Newproduct development is possible through an extensive user survey, dedicated research spanning several years and leveraging the latest advances in technology
5. Loctite has a Global presence in all major markets and has a huge loyal customer base
6. It has extensive sales & distribution network across 125 countries
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Loctite SWOT Analysis:
1.It is hard for Loctite to change its image from a glue company to that of a high-technologycompany 2. Loctite cannot sustain price wars with local competitors because of the higher prices of its superior quality products
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Loctite SWOT Analysis:
1. Focus on green and sustainable technologies can further enhance the superior image of Loctite and add a socially responsible dimension 2. Extensive training of industrial customers would provide superior competitive advantage to Loctite and a loyal customer base 3. It can leverage its superior technology to foray into diverse businesses likeelectronics, automotive, aerospace, machine building and medical devices, as well as many fields of general industry
4. Significant worldwide growth is anticipated in the technology-intensive area of high performance adhesives and sealants
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Loctite are as mentioned:
1. Prospective customers often regarded adhesives or fastenings as the least important components of their products 2.Environmental as well as health and safety issues have been forcing companies to adopt more sustainable technologies which require heavy R& D investments 3.Foreign competition in these products is expected to become more intense as companies assume a global business orientation
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Loctite:
1.Permabond-National Starch 2.Krazy Glue 3.Three Bond Corporation
There’s a Loctite adhesive for every job, including yours
World's #1 brand of engineering adhesives & sealants
All users of adhesives
Industrial users and Hobbyist
Whatever you need to build, create or repair, there’s a Loctite adhesive specially formulated for you
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Loctite. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute