Dial Soap SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Dial Soap, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dial Soap to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Dial Soap is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Dial Soap SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Dial Soap SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Dial Soap, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Dial Soap looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dial Soap :
1.Dial was the first antibacterial soap introduced in the United States and gained the first mover advantage
2. Dial is one of the top-selling soaps in the US with a loyal customer base
3. Its acquisition by Henkel Ltd. allows Dial to enter Global market rather than just United States and Canada
4. Dial has a wide range of products from Body Wash, Hand Soap, Sanitizer, Lotion to serve all requirements of body care segment
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Dial Soap SWOT Analysis:
1. Overexposure to USA and Canada under unfavourable economic conditions
2. Dial Corporation has looked to reposition their brands in order to capitalize on the changing buying patterns, which has confused the end consumers
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Dial Soap SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing personal care products market & positive market outlook for the laundry and home care division
2. Dial can leverage the superior R&D skills of Henkel to develop better products in its category
3. Recent Lawsuit filed by Dial against News Corp. for malpractices may lead to a positive brand equity for Dial both industry wide and with end consumers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dial Soap are as mentioned:
1. Excessive competition in the FMCG sector with many major players reduces the profit margins and sales prospects for Dial
2. High inflation could cause substantial rise in the operating cost
3. Changing global retail scenario and increasing dependence on key retailers may adversely affect its revenues
4. Global recession has led to shoppers switching to cheaper alternatives or looking to make consumption of existing brands more cost-effective, which increases threat for Dial corp. competing on quality products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Dial Soap:
1. Colgate Palmolive
2. Procter & Gamble
Hence this concludes the Dial Soap SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Dial Soap Overview|
Aren't You Glad You Use Dial?
A Leading brand in the world of personal cleansing
All users of Personal care products
Every user of body care products including children(Hello Kitty) and adults (both male & female)
Your Perfect Product
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dial Soap. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us