Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dial Soap analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dial Soap SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dial Soap to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dial Soap is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Dial Soap SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dial Soap competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A Leading brand in the world of personal cleansing
All users of Personal care products
Every user of body care products including children(Hello Kitty) and adults (both male & female)
Your Perfect Product
Dial Soap Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dial Soap:
1.Dial was the first antibacterial soap introduced in the United States and gained the first mover advantage
2. Dial is one of the top-selling soaps in the US with a loyal customer base 3. Its acquisition by Henkel Ltd. allows Dial to enter Global market rather than just United States and Canada 4. Dial has a wide range of products from Body Wash, Hand Soap, Sanitizer, Lotion to serve all requirements of body care segment
Dial Soap Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Dial Soap SWOT Analysis:
1. Overexposure to USA and Canada under unfavourable economic conditions
2. Dial Corporation has looked to reposition their brands in order to capitalize on the changing buying patterns, which has confused the end consumers
Dial Soap Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Dial Soap SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing personal care products market & positive market outlook for the laundry and home care division
2. Dial can leverage the superior R&D skills of Henkel to develop better products in its category
3. Recent Lawsuit filed by Dial against News Corp. for malpractices may lead to a positive brand equity for Dial both industry wide and with end consumers
Dial Soap Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dial Soap are as mentioned:
1. Excessive competition in the FMCG sector with many major players reduces the profit margins and sales prospects for Dial 2. High inflation could cause substantial rise in the operating cost 3. Changing global retail scenario and increasing dependence on key retailers may adversely affect its revenues
4. Global recession has led to shoppers switching to cheaper alternatives or looking to make consumption of existing brands more cost-effective, which increases threat for Dial corp. competing on quality products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dial Soap. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute