Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Maltova analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Maltova SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Maltova to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Maltova is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Maltova SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Maltova SWOT Analysis:
For Maltova, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Maltova looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Maltova :
1. The brand name conveys the malt basis of the formulation and once was synonymous with malt drinks category
2. Communication aptly targets kids by bringing in cartoon characters like Scooby doo.
3. It enjoys the strong distribution network of GSK
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Maltova SWOT Analysis:
1. GSK has not paid much attention to the brand and treated it as a flanker brand for Boost and Horlicks
2. Maltova, once a very popular brand, has lost significant brand equity due to lack of advertising and promotion.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Maltova SWOT Analysis:
1. Demographic trends like increasing population and purchasing power favor the consumer healthcare market, thus opportunities for growth.
2. Increasing penetration in rural markets
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Maltova are as mentioned:
1. Aggressive marketing and promotion by competition 2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands and increasing bargaining power of big retailers which could negotiate for better margins
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Maltova:
A tasty malt drink that contains essential vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates
Health food drinks
Tasty drink with energy
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Maltova. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute