Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Church’s Chicken analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Church’s Chicken SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Church’s Chicken to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Church’s Chicken is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Church’s Chicken SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Church’s Chicken competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A whole lot of Chicken Genius, Full Flavor, Full Pockets, Full Life
Specializing in fried chicken
Church’s Chicken STP
People who eat chicken
Targets the young, Chicken enthusiast but also appeals to the family consumer.
Quick service restaurant specializing in fried chicken
SWOT Analysis of Church’s Chicken
Church’s Chicken Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Church’s Chicken:
1. Strong brand recall - Church's became the second-largest chicken restaurant chain in 1989, when it merged with Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits
2. Widespread Presence - Church's Chicken owns and franchises more than 1,500+ fast food chicken restaurants in approx 25+ countries 3. The menu for Church's has greatly expanded with newer entree choices emerging constantly 4. Has been in the market for decades – grown through new looks, products, new advertising campaigns
5. Brand Mascot : Churchie the brand's loveable mascot.
6. Multichannel network - It opened kiosks and operations in convenience stores and co-branded with the White Castle hamburger chain in several dozen locations.
7. Promotional activities - Collaboration with Coca-Cola on a promotion called Be Heard, which uses mobile technology to engage and interact with a younger segment of Church’s target audience.
Church’s Chicken Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Church’s Chicken SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand is yet to explore opportunities abroad compared to other leading food joints especially in emerging economies 2. Vast franchise network – leading to inconsistencies in offering quality
Church’s Chicken Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Church’s Chicken SWOT Analysis:
1. Introduce a low cal / Healthy range for health conscious customers 2. Expand menu to include Breakfast options
3. Introducing the brand in newer geographies would help increase business
Church’s Chicken Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Church’s Chicken are as mentioned:
1. Increasing focus of customers towards healthy food 2. Seasonal fluctuations in demand due to bird flu and other such epidemics 3.Several big fried chicken franchise players – making it a highly competitive business segment
Church’s Chicken Competition
Church’s Chicken Competitors
Below are the top 2 competitors of Church’s Chicken:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Church’s Chicken. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute