Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Five Guys analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Five Guys SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Five Guys to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Five Guys is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Five Guys SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Five Guys competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Always fresh. Never frozen; Famous Burgers and Fries
Burgers & Fries & pure casual, laid-back style
Five Guys STP
Food & beverages restaurants
Workers, employees looking for fresh, inexpensive lunch
Simple, fresh food prepared fast and served at affordable prices.
SWOT Analysis of Five Guys
Five Guys Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Five Guys:
1. Five Guys Reputation - The restaurant is a top pick among burger joints in the Washington, D.C. area
2. The company is one of the fastest-growing fast food chain in the United States with over 1000+ locations
3. Provides Value For money, affordable meals 4. full-time seasonal hours of 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., enable targeting late-night snackers
5. Online ordering as well as home delivery services offer convenience to patrons
6. Popularity due to quality, fresh, made-to-order food that sells the restaurant to its customers
Five Guys Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Five Guys SWOT Analysis:
1. Low advertising spend on mainstream media
2. The brand has no global presence and low market share compared to giant players
Five Guys Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Five Guys SWOT Analysis:
1. Innovation in the menu and service offerings
2. Focus on healthy meal options – salads , light burgers etc to adapt to changing lifestyles
3. Geographical expansion to emerging economies to counter saturation in developed economies
Five Guys Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Five Guys are as mentioned:
1. Health concerns arising from bird flu epidemic could adversely affect business 2. Franchise model could lead to dilution of quality standard and consistency in service
3. Increasing competitor activity can affect market share
Five Guys Competition
Five Guys Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Five Guys:
2. IN N OUT burgers
3. SmashBurger Master LLC
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Five Guys. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute