Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Qdoba Mexican Grill analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Qdoba Mexican Grill SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Qdoba Mexican Grill to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Qdoba Mexican Grill is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Qdoba Mexican Grill SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Qdoba Mexican Grill competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Mexican-style cuisine - All of the items are made in plain view of the customer
Qdoba Mexican Grill STP
Food and Beverages restaurants
People who prefer customised fast food
fast casual" category, offering both quick service and a higher quality of food than typical fast-food restaurants.
SWOT Analysis of Qdoba Mexican Grill
Qdoba Mexican Grill Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Qdoba Mexican Grill:
1.Widespread presence - Qdoba now operates over 600 fast casual restaurant locations throughout the United States.
2. To distinguish itself from some of its competitors, Qdoba serves breakfast and some locations are open 24 hours on weekends. 3. FLAVORS are highlighted by a varied menu and quality ingredients - open kitchens showcase Handcrafted preparation 4.Diverse offerings for guests of all age groups- To draw more families, Qdoba introduced a kids' menu
5. Qdoba is still the biggest franchise player in its category
6. Offers multiple format services – online ordering and catering services
7. Some locations are open 24 hours on weekends
Qdoba Mexican Grill Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Qdoba Mexican Grill SWOT Analysis:
1. Franchise format – makes it difficult to offer locally customized menu options and services 2. The brand is restricted to US with limited international exposure
Qdoba Mexican Grill Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Qdoba Mexican Grill SWOT Analysis:
1. Introduce a low cal / Healthy range for health conscious customers 2. Launch promotional activities to increase customer engagement and encourage return visits
3. Expansion into newer regions and territories
4. More marketing and branding activities to boost brand image
Qdoba Mexican Grill Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Qdoba Mexican Grill are as mentioned:
1. Increasing focus of customers towards healthy food 2. Macroeconomic fators – prices of food materials and labour costs rising and economic recession leading to lower customer spends on eating out
3. Intense competition and higher costs of operations
Qdoba Mexican Grill Competition
Qdoba Mexican Grill Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Qdoba Mexican Grill:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Qdoba Mexican Grill. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute