Qdoba Mexican Grill SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Qdoba Mexican Grill, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Qdoba Mexican Grill to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Qdoba Mexican Grill is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Qdoba Mexican Grill SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Qdoba Mexican Grill SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Qdoba Mexican Grill, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Qdoba Mexican Grill looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Qdoba Mexican Grill :
1.Widespread presence - Qdoba now operates over 600 fast casual restaurant locations throughout the United States.
2. To distinguish itself from some of its competitors, Qdoba serves breakfast and some locations are open 24 hours on weekends.
3. FLAVORS are highlighted by a varied menu and quality ingredients - open kitchens showcase Handcrafted preparation
4.Diverse offerings for guests of all age groups- To draw more families, Qdoba introduced a kids' menu
5. Qdoba is still the biggest franchise player in its category
6. Offers multiple format services – online ordering and catering services
7. Some locations are open 24 hours on weekends
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Qdoba Mexican Grill SWOT Analysis:
1. Franchise format – makes it difficult to offer locally customized menu options and services
2. The brand is restricted to US with limited international exposure
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Qdoba Mexican Grill SWOT Analysis:
1. Introduce a low cal / Healthy range for health conscious customers
2. Launch promotional activities to increase customer engagement and encourage return visits
3. Expansion into newer regions and territories
4. More marketing and branding activities to boost brand image
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Qdoba Mexican Grill are as mentioned:
1. Increasing focus of customers towards healthy food
2. Macroeconomic fators – prices of food materials and labour costs rising and economic recession leading to lower customer spends on eating out
3. Intense competition and higher costs of operations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Qdoba Mexican Grill:
1. Fresh Enterprises LLC
3. MSWG, LLC
Hence this concludes the Qdoba Mexican Grill SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Qdoba Mexican Grill Overview|
Jack in the Box
We Live Food
Mexican-style cuisine - All of the items are made in plain view of the customer
|Qdoba Mexican Grill STP|
Food and Beverages restaurants
People who prefer customised fast food
fast casual" category, offering both quick service and a higher quality of food than typical fast-food restaurants.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Qdoba Mexican Grill. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us