Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Wingstop analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Wingstop SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Wingstop to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Wingstop is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Wingstop SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Wingstop competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Working Adults , Students who who have a taste for Chicken – and focus on taste over health
Nostalgic, aviation-themed restaurants
SWOT Analysis of Wingstop
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Wingstop:
1. Offer a variety of house-made sides including Wingstop’s award winning hand-cut seasoned fries.
2. Focussed positioning - original concept that our fresh, made-to-order wings and chicken remain the only center of the plate item on the menu.
3. Diverse customer base - menu attractive to the vast majority of consumers. proprietary sauces and seasonings – offer a variety of flavor selections for a single entrée buffalo style wings
4. Widespread geographical presence -more than 660 restaurants open across the United States, Mexico, Russia, Singapore, the Philippines and Indonesia, with locations coming soon to the United Arab Emirates.
5. Differentiated from competition through proprietary recipes and superior customer service offerings
6. some locations offer some of the highest sales per square foot in the industry
7. Majority carryout business -requires less space per location – lower costs
8. A chain with 650 restaurants either open or in development
Here are the weaknesses in the Wingstop SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited Advertising Spend and lacks a well developed marketing strategy
2. Not much focus on promotional activities to keep customers engaged
Following are the Opportunities in Wingstop SWOT Analysis:
1. Innovation on the menu front to include healthy food options for the weight - watchers
2. Tie-ups with big players and expanding to newer geographies can boost brand presence
3. More spend on advertising and online marketing to enhance brand image
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Wingstop are as mentioned:
1. Franchise model – makes it difficult to implement strict quality control and standardization practices
2. The company has to bare the increasing operational costs
3. Higher competitor activity can also reduce the market share
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Wingstop. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute