Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Schweppes analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Schweppes SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Schweppes to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Schweppes is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Schweppes SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Schweppes SWOT Analysis:
For Schweppes, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Schweppes looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Schweppes :
1. With a strong growth in volume, it is the company’s second biggest volume driven brand 2. More than 40,000 new fountain valves in North America, the biggest market 3. Among the top ginger ale in the US and Canada 4. Have won many awards like Best Customer Satisfaction among soft drink companies, Department of Transportation’s supplier of the year award, was named in The Civic 50 etc. 5. CSR activities include, having raised $6 million for United Way, DPS’ ACTIONeering program and Action Nation Month encourages employees to contribute 50 hours for any NGO, and various environmental initiatives etc. 6. Used as a base for many cocktails/mocktails 7. Increase in net sales and net profit
8. Strong advertising and marketing makes it a top of the mind brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Schweppes SWOT Analysis:
1. Not easily available in many major markets like India, China, Africa etc. 2. Only available in limited flavors and has tremendous competition means limited market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Schweppes SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging economies like India, China etc. 2. Diversify product portfolio
3. More advertising and marketing to increase brand awareness
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Schweppes are as mentioned:
Manufactured the oldest soft drink (Tonic Water) in the world
Soda loving people
Bartenders, individual consumers primarily in the age group of 12-35 years
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Schweppes. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute