Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Folgers analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Folgers SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Folgers to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Folgers is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Folgers SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Folgers SWOT Analysis:
For Folgers, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Folgers looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Folgers :
1. Decades of experience in roasting and manufacturing coffee since 1850
2. High recall value brand in coffee segment 3. Successful ad campaigns reinforcing brand position 4. Market leadership in terms of market share
5. Robust distribution and retailer network
6. Strong advertising and marketing through TVCs, print ads
7. Excellent distribution and availability of the brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Folgers SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global presence of the brand
2. Intense competition means limited brand loyalty
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Folgers SWOT Analysis:
1. Introduction of ready coffee mixes suitable for traveling 2. Export opportunities in overseas market 3. Expansion into other related verticals like ice creams and energy drinks
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Folgers are as mentioned:
1. On-the-go coffee shops 2. Shift of trend from self-brewing coffee to readymade coffee
3. Price of unroasted coffee beans can fluctuate widely in agri-trading markets
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Folgers:
The coffee which is an integral part of your morning
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Folgers. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute