Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Denny’s analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Denny’s SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Denny’s to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Denny’s is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Denny’s SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Denny’s SWOT Analysis:
For Denny’s, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Denny’s looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Denny’s :
1. Denny's introduced the still-popular Grand Slam breakfast.
Unlike many other restaurant chains, Denny's does not close on holidays or nights, except where required by law
2. In 1994, Denny's became the largest corporate sponsor of Save the Children, a national charity. It is involved in similar CSR activities.
3. Location of the restaurants make it easily accessible to the customers
4. It operates over 1,700 restaurants across many countries
5. Good consumer engagement programs – like fantastic 4 contests for children ,loyalty programs gift cards
6. Over 60 years of strong brand reputation
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Denny’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Mostly the breakfast items are popular. About half of its business during non-morning hours still comes from breakfast items.
2. Lack of geographical diversification
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Denny’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Better marketing campaigns highlighting wide variety of menu available
2. Opening more outlets
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Denny’s are as mentioned:
1. Increase in number of competitors with similar value proposition 2. Increase in food regulation standards
3 . Seasonality - To drive restaurant sales one has to continuously innovate & offer new exciting products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Denny’s:
Denny's is a full-service pancake house/coffee shop/fast casual family restaurant chain.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Denny’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute