Denny’s SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Denny’s, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Denny’s is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the Denny’s SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Denny’s looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Denny’s :
1. Denny's introduced the still-popular Grand Slam breakfast.
Unlike many other restaurant chains, Denny's does not close on holidays or nights, except where required by law
2. In 1994, Denny's became the largest corporate sponsor of Save the Children, a national charity. It is involved in similar CSR activities.
3. Location of the restaurants make it easily accessible to the customers
4. It operates over 1,700 restaurants across many countries
5. Good consumer engagement programs – like fantastic 4 contests for children ,loyalty programs gift cards
6. Over 60 years of strong brand reputation
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Denny’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Mostly the breakfast items are popular. About half of its business during non-morning hours still comes from breakfast items.
2. Lack of geographical diversification
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Denny’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Better marketing campaigns highlighting wide variety of menu available
2. Opening more outlets
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Denny’s are as mentioned:
1. Increase in number of competitors with similar value proposition
2. Increase in food regulation standards
3 . Seasonality - To drive restaurant sales one has to continuously innovate & offer new exciting products
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Denny’s SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
America’s dinner is always open
Delicious hamburgers, handmade sandwiches, fresh salads
People who love fast food
Mid & high income group
Denny's is a full-service pancake house/coffee shop/fast casual family restaurant chain.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Denny’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us