Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Culver’s analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Culver’s SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Culver’s to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Culver’s is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Culver’s SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Culver’s SWOT Analysis:
For Culver’s, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Culver’s looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Culver’s :
2. Culver's sponsors sports teams as a strong marketing exercise
3. Good marketing strategies – Flavor of the day
4. They have diverse menu which includes chicken , fish , pork, salads , soups , custards , shrimps
5. Quality food at affordable prices
6. Awesome ambience – several places have outdoor sitting areas , vintage looks
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Culver’s SWOT Analysis:
1. It is present in selected areas only
2. Intense competition means limited market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Culver’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Opening more number of outlets with respect to increase in per capita income & increasing consumer demand
2. More advertising , more consumer meaningful promotions
3. It can operate for longer hours like in night which will give them an edge over their competitors
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Culver’s are as mentioned:
1. Inflammation of food prices
2. Competitors bringing out value for money based products
3. Environmental issues affecting food supply
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Culver’s:
Welcome to Delicious; Every guest who choose Culver’s leaves happy
Popular for their signature fresh frozen custard & Butter burgers
People who love to eat casually
Family, kids, youth and elders from upper middle class
Fast casual restaurant chain
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Culver’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute