Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Swensen’s analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Swensen’s SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Swensen’s to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Swensen’s is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Swensen’s SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Swensen’s competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Swensen’s:
1. Going strong since 1948 2. Offers over 180 flavors to its customers 3. 300+ outlets worldwide 4. Featured as a prize in multiple TV contests
5. Featured in Hollywood movies starring Arnold Schwarzenegger
6. Present in the form of both restaurants and parlors
Here are the weaknesses in the Swensen’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited online presence and strong competition from established and local brands 3. Very seasonal business affects profitability
Following are the Opportunities in Swensen’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion into emerging economies like India and China 2. Acquisitions 3. Building presence online
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Swensen’s are as mentioned:
1. Threats of substitutes like sweet dishes 2. Unpredictable climate can affect the business 3. Increasing costs
Below are the top 3 competitors of Swensen’s:
1. Baskin Robbins 2. Ben and Jerry’s 3. Cold Stone
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Swensen’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute