Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Blue Apron analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Blue Apron SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Blue Apron to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Blue Apron is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Blue Apron SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Blue Apron SWOT Analysis:
For Blue Apron, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Blue Apron Strengths
The strengths of Blue Apron looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Blue Apron :
1. Blue Apron has emerged as the market leader in its new category
2. Blue Apron offers variety of menus and options to its customers
3. Subscription based models help blue apron retain customers
4. The company went public in June 2017 to further establish its leadership
5. Blue Apron has made more than 8 million servings as per 2016 data
6. The website gives all the options in high details and pictures so that the customers can chose properly
Blue Apron Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Blue Apron SWOT Analysis:
1. Blue Apron costs can lead to less customers
2. People who are interested in cooking gourmet dishes at home themselves are more of their customers rather than people ordering cooked food
Blue Apron Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Blue Apron SWOT Analysis:
1. Blue Apron operates only in USA but it can expand in other geographies as well to grow as an enterprise
2. It can also add pre cooked dishes or restaurants and also offer normal food delivery
Blue Apron Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Blue Apron are as mentioned:
1. Competition is growing which can cause pressure on market share
2. Heavy dependence on packaging and fresh raw ingredients
Blue Apron Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 15 competitors of Blue Apron:
2. Home Chef
3. Sun Basket
4. Purple Carrot
8. Home Bistro
9. Green Chef
12. Bistro MD
14. Hola Chef
15. Martha & Marley Spoon
Hence this concludes the Blue Apron SWOT analysis.
Fresh Ingredients, Original Recipes, Delivered to You
Chef Level Recipes and ingredients delivered to home at affordable prices
Blue Apron STP
People looking for quick home cooked food
People in middle income group and young demographics
Fresh ingredients and recipes delivered at your doorstep
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Blue Apron. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute