Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Ruchi Soya Industries analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ruchi Soya Industries SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ruchi Soya Industries to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ruchi Soya Industries is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Ruchi Soya Industries SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Ruchi Soya Industries SWOT Analysis:
For Ruchi Soya Industries, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Ruchi Soya Industries Strengths
The strengths of Ruchi Soya Industries looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ruchi Soya Industries :
1. Emphasis on superior procurement, trading skills and tough quality control standards
2. Continuous innovation and an effort by the industry to meet consumer needs
3. Largest player in India in edible oil category
4. Wide and extensive distribution network of 6,30,000 retail stores
5. Over 5 Lac retail stores, 90 Company depots, 2000 distributors and a sales personnel of 200
6. First exporter of Soyabean meal to south east Asia and middle east markets
7. Crushing capacity of about 4 million tons annually in 14 plants, extend over 11 locations
Ruchi Soya Industries Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Ruchi Soya Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. No control on raw material prices as product is agro based
2. Despite high quality product and good distribution, limited brand awareness compared to some other brands
Ruchi Soya Industries Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Ruchi Soya Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. Strengthening industry portfolio with other healthy additions
2. Control price fluctuations
3. Expansion into premium segments and global markets
4. Tie- up with restaurants and hotel chains
Ruchi Soya Industries Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ruchi Soya Industries are as mentioned:
1. Food regulation by Government
2. Regulation and control by other authorities like NGO’s 3. Entry of more domestic and international players
Ruchi Soya Industries Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Ruchi Soya Industries:
1. Agrotech Foods 2. Sanwaria Agro Oils Ltd
Hence this concludes the Ruchi Soya Industries SWOT analysis.
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Ruchi Soya Industries product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ruchi Soya Industries. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute