Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Campbell Soup analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Campbell Soup SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Campbell Soup to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Campbell Soup is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Campbell Soup SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Campbell Soup competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Continuously delivering innovative & high quality products
Campbell Soup STP
Product segments: the simple meals division, which consists largely of soups, the baked snacks division and the health beverages division consisting of juices, etc.
Housewives, chefs, restaurants
Nourishing people’s lives everywhere, every day
SWOT Analysis of Campbell Soup
Campbell Soup Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Campbell Soup:
1. Steady sales figures over the years 2. SubstantialMarket Share in Retail Sales of U.S. in the Wet Soup category 3. Promising breakthrough innovation
4. Low production costs due to large size of the company ensure that prices 20- 25% higher than generic brands while maintaining a high level of quality
5. Campbell’s products are sold in 120 countries around the globe
Campbell Soup Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Campbell Soup SWOT Analysis:
1. Gross margins were impacted by cost inflation 2.Rise in raw material costsas well as volatile gas prices 3.Extremely competitive soup market
Campbell Soup Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Campbell Soup SWOT Analysis:
1.Stabilizing and then profitably growing its North America soup and simple meals business
2. Expanding its international presence, particularly in emerging markets 3. Continuing to grow its healthy beverages and baked snacks businesses
4. Leveraging on the initial success of integration of Bolthouse into Campbell’s business for future growth
Campbell Soup Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Campbell Soup are as mentioned:
1. Growing share of private label in the condensed soup market as it may affect pricing structure of Campbell 2.Low adoption rates of new productsas it might lead to heavy promotional and marketing spends thus reducing margins 3. Laws and regulations on the safety of meat products used
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Campbell Soup. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute