Kuala Lumpur Kepong SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Kuala Lumpur Kepong analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Kuala Lumpur Kepong SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Kuala Lumpur Kepong to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Kuala Lumpur Kepong is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Kuala Lumpur Kepong SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Kuala Lumpur Kepong competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Kuala Lumpur Kepong SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
The Group’s rubber plantations yield a steady annual production of premium SIR/SMR grades and latex concentrate, meeting with the MS ISO 9002 standards
Kuala Lumpur Kepong STP
Business segments: Plantations, Oleochemicals, Property
Food manufacturing industry and Industrial & Consumer Food catering industry
Strive to be the most preferred producer and supplier of innovative and sustainable palm-based oleochemical products and derivatives for all major global markets
SWOT Analysis of Kuala Lumpur Kepong
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Kuala Lumpur Kepong:
1. Group’s oil palm and rubber plantations today stand at approximately 250,000 hectares in Malaysia and Indonesia 2. KLK OLEO is one of the largest manufacturers of renewable palm-based oleochemical products and derivatives in the oleochemical industry 3. With numerous successful acquisitions and world class subsidiaries, it is able to reach out and service a global clientele across Asia, USA and Europe 4. Most of its major manufacturing facilities are in Malaysia. Some of the prominent ones are Palm Oleo SdnBhd., which is one of the world’s biggest standalone Oleochemical producers, and KSP Manufacturing Sdn. Bhd., which is known for its signature product, Palmosalt
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Kuala Lumpur Kepong SWOT Analysis:
1. Uncertainties in the form of commodities price risk, credit risk, foreign exchange risk and interest rate risk.
2. Manpower constraints, pressure on increasing operating costs and extreme weather in the plantation division
3. Palm oil industry faces huge number of unresolved land conflicts due to land grabbing
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Kuala Lumpur Kepong SWOT Analysis:
1.Demand for palm oil would remain strong as consumption increases in select emerging economies coupled with the general global population growth 2. Expansion into Indonesia is through the acquisitions of interest in oil palm estates
3. Emerging biofuel market
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Kuala Lumpur Kepong are as mentioned:
1. Highly competitive market
2. Fluctuation in foreign exchange rates
3. Government regulations
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Competition
Kuala Lumpur Kepong Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Kuala Lumpur Kepong:
1. Golden Agri-Resources Ltd
2. IOI Corp Bhd
3. Astra Agro Lestari Tbk PT
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Kuala Lumpur Kepong. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute