Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Yamazaki Baking analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Yamazaki Baking SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Yamazaki Baking to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Yamazaki Baking is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Yamazaki Baking SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Yamazaki Baking competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
For over sixty years since its founding, Yamazaki Baking has significantly broadened its operations and responded to increasingly diverse consumer needs and changing market conditions
Yamazaki Baking STP
Business segments: Bread, Japanese style confectionery, Western style confectionery, Processed bread & prepared rice, Other ready-to-eat food products
To offer excellent quality and outstanding service and in so doing deliver the very best to consumers every day
SWOT Analysis of Yamazaki Baking
Yamazaki Baking Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Yamazaki Baking:
1. Products are sold nationwide through supermarkets, convenience stores and other sales channels. It has also developed its own licensed stores — convenience stores and bakeshops, the latter of which sell products made both on- and off-site 2. In the convenience store business development ofproducts perfectly suited to each geographical region and to enrich the assortment of products available 3. The company recognizes that it must have an accurate understanding of consumer preferences and develop new products accordingly in order to keep offering customers new and delicious tastes 4. By proactively adopting advanced frozen technology and other technological innovations, Yamazaki Baking, through its Japanese-style confectionary business, continues to offer products of truly high value that satisfy customers
5. Has a strong workforce of over 15,000 employees
Yamazaki Baking Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Yamazaki Baking SWOT Analysis:
1. Higher ingredient costs, particularly the price of flour 2.Intense competition for sales in the market
3. Prolonged deflation has created a market environment in which customers tend to seek out low prices
Yamazaki Baking Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Yamazaki Baking SWOT Analysis:
1.Take advantage of new developments in information technology to improve sales and distribution systems and assist our licensed stores, which include convenience stores and bakeshops, to attract new customers 2.Step up efforts to manage quality at all stages, including the procurement of raw materials, distribution and sales, as well as address related environmental issues through such measures as expanding our food waste recycling program 3.Broaden its global operations, which center on Southeast Asia, Europe and the United States
Yamazaki Baking Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Yamazaki Baking are as mentioned:
1.Sluggish economic conditions overseas 2.Restrictions on power supply and continued yen appreciation 3.Challengingincome environment
Yamazaki Baking Competition
Yamazaki Baking Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Yamazaki Baking:
1.Nippon Flour Mills Co., Ltd
2. Morinaga & Co., Ltd
3. Nissin Food Products Co., Ltd
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Yamazaki Baking. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute