Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of JM Smucker analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In JM Smucker SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like JM Smucker to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. JM Smucker is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the JM Smucker SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top JM Smucker competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be good; Smucker Company, the brand you can trust; Smucker's may be yummy, your tummy may be too, but your grocer's freezer, is not far from you; There ain't no place like Smucker's
Since 1897 J. M. Smucker Company has created a portfolio of trademarked brands that are trusted and loved by consumers
Offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments
SWOT Analysis of JM Smucker
JM Smucker Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of JM Smucker:
1. Positive impact of the acquired Sara Lee foodservice business and favorable sales mix on sales growth 2. Iconic brands in its portfolio that are trustedand have demonstrated their strength and resilience 3. Overall upswingin consumer spending 4. Continual positive response of consumers to their brand-building initiatives, product innovations, and new brand additions
5. Popular brands of fruit spreads, ice cream toppings, beverages, shortening, natural peanut butter
JM Smucker Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the JM Smucker SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global exposure and increase in marketing, selling, distribution, and administrative expenses
2. Higher amortization expense related to the intangible assets associated with the Sara Lee foodservice business acquisition
3. General competitive activity in the market, including competitors’ pricing practices and promotional spending levels
JM Smucker Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in JM Smucker SWOT Analysis:
1. Ability of the Company to successfully integrate acquired and merged businesses in a timely and cost effective manner 2. Adding new variants according to changes in consumer coffee preferences 3.Concentrating certain Company’s businesses with key customers and suppliers, including single-source suppliers of certain raw materials, such as packaging for its most popular Folgers coffee products, and finished goods, such as K-Cups
JM Smucker Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of JM Smucker are as mentioned:
1.Impact of accidents and natural disasters, including crop failures and storm damage 2.Risks associated with derivative and purchasing strategies employed by the Company to manage commodity pricing risks, including the risk that such strategies could result in significant losses and adversely impact the Company’s liquidity 3.Crude oil price trends and their impact on transportation, energy, and packaging costs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JM Smucker. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute