Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Raindrops Basmati Rice analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Raindrops Basmati Rice SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Raindrops Basmati Rice to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Raindrops Basmati Rice is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Raindrops Basmati Rice SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Raindrops Basmati Rice competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Raindrops Basmati Rice:
1. Strongest procurement network with presence in all the basmati ‘mandis’ in the basmati paddy producing areas in India
2. One of the country’s largest parboiled rice facilities & advanced rice processing units supplied by leading global suppliers in food technology
3. Availability in wide range of packaging across all variants 4. Availability at 100,000 retailers in India along with modern format stores such as Walmart, Carrefour, Big Bazaar, and Spencer’s Retail etc
5. Strategic use of all available resources leads to reduced cost of production thus enabling delivery at the most competitive prices
Raindrops Basmati Rice Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Raindrops Basmati Rice SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of marketing leads to poor brand recall among consumers
2. Relatively high pricing causes consumers to look for other alternative brands which in turn leads to lost opportunities to connect with consumers and establish a brand connect
3. Overdependence on rice farmers for supply of raw rice
Raindrops Basmati Rice Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Raindrops Basmati Rice SWOT Analysis:
1. Use of high quality rice in preparations of delicacies such as banana bread, Spanish rice, oat meals etc will increase the export demand
2. India is one of the fastest growing food markets in the world which presents a huge opportunity
3. IPR of the word “Basmati” rice which is produced only in India and Pakistan due to agro-climatic conditions enables the producers to command a greater price from the global markets
Raindrops Basmati Rice Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Raindrops Basmati Rice are as mentioned:
1. Any change in the consumption pattern of Basmati rice or reduction in demand could adversely affect profitability
2. Due to seasonal nature of rice cultivation, anomalies in weather condition during that period can have adverse impact on production
3. Removal of minimum export price cap from export of basmati rice may invite new competitors
Raindrops Basmati Rice Competition
Raindrops Basmati Rice Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Raindrops Basmati Rice:
1. Kohinoor Foods 2. KRBL (producer of India Gate Basmati Rice) 3. LT Foods
4. Dunar Basmati Rice
6. Lal Quila Rice
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Raindrops Basmati Rice. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute