Raindrops Basmati Rice SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Raindrops Basmati Rice, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Raindrops Basmati Rice to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Raindrops Basmati Rice is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Raindrops Basmati Rice SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Raindrops Basmati Rice SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Raindrops Basmati Rice, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Raindrops Basmati Rice looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Raindrops Basmati Rice :
1. Strongest procurement network with presence in all the basmati ‘mandis’ in the basmati paddy producing areas in India
2. One of the country’s largest parboiled rice facilities & advanced rice processing units supplied by leading global suppliers in food technology
3. Availability in wide range of packaging across all variants
4. Availability at 100,000 retailers in India along with modern format stores such as Walmart, Carrefour, Big Bazaar, and Spencer’s Retail etc
5. Strategic use of all available resources leads to reduced cost of production thus enabling delivery at the most competitive prices
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Raindrops Basmati Rice SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of marketing leads to poor brand recall among consumers
2. Relatively high pricing causes consumers to look for other alternative brands which in turn leads to lost opportunities to connect with consumers and establish a brand connect
3. Overdependence on rice farmers for supply of raw rice
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Raindrops Basmati Rice SWOT Analysis:
1. Use of high quality rice in preparations of delicacies such as banana bread, Spanish rice, oat meals etc will increase the export demand
2. India is one of the fastest growing food markets in the world which presents a huge opportunity
3. IPR of the word “Basmati” rice which is produced only in India and Pakistan due to agro-climatic conditions enables the producers to command a greater price from the global markets
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Raindrops Basmati Rice are as mentioned:
1. Any change in the consumption pattern of Basmati rice or reduction in demand could adversely affect profitability
2. Due to seasonal nature of rice cultivation, anomalies in weather condition during that period can have adverse impact on production
3. Removal of minimum export price cap from export of basmati rice may invite new competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Raindrops Basmati Rice:
1. Kohinoor Foods
2. KRBL (producer of India Gate Basmati Rice)
3. LT Foods
4. Dunar Basmati Rice
6. Lal Quila Rice
Hence this concludes the Raindrops Basmati Rice SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Raindrops Basmati Rice Overview|
REI Agro Ltd
Delighting every sense, touching every chord
Quality rice from a quality production process
All rice eating individuals
Quality conscious premium rice consumers
Pure rice from pure water
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Raindrops Basmati Rice. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us