Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Oporto analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Oporto SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Oporto to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Oporto is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Oporto SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Oporto SWOT Analysis:
For Oporto, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Oporto looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Oporto :
1. Wide presence: More than 600 stores across the network, Franchise policy 2. Large customer base: Satisfies over 13 million people a year 3. Effective marketing strategy for healthy fast foods, such as “Fresh not frozen, grilled not fried”
4. Global standard for meal quality, controlled by local franchise
5. Standardized operations which lead to quick processing and serving time for recipes
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Oporto SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited product innovation, little or no change in menu over long periods 2. High employee turnover which result in high money spend on training 3. Yet to capitalize the trends towards organic foods.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Oporto SWOT Analysis:
1. Potential to become a prominent global brand 2. Can target growing markets like India 3. Updating its restaurant and bringing in innovation in food items according to local palates
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Oporto are as mentioned:
1. Increasing wage rates affects menu prices 2. International exchange rates can hamper its overseas operations 3. Health trend away from fast foods can result in decreased sales
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Oporto:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Oporto. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute