Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of IHOP analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In IHOP SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like IHOP to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. IHOP is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the IHOP SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the IHOP SWOT Analysis:
For IHOP, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of IHOP looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of IHOP :
1. High brand recognition and recall 2. 1500+ stores in Americas; and a few international locations in middle east. 3. Signature pancakes 4. Wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes
5. Affordable across income segments
6. Licensed to sell breakfast products under IHOP at HOME
7. The company has over 30,000+ people who are employed
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the IHOP SWOT Analysis:
1. Quality control issues across franchises 2. Limited lunch and dinner menu 3. Limited brand recall as compared to global food chains
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in IHOP SWOT Analysis:
1. Global expansion especially in the emerging economies 2. Expansion by acquisition of smaller brands 3. Improve menu for lunch and dinner
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of IHOP are as mentioned:
1. Competitive category by similar players 2. Smaller breakfast places offering better service 3. Health risks of consuming pancakes
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of IHOP:
Affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to IHOP. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute