IHOP SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of IHOP, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
IHOP is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the IHOP SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of IHOP looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of IHOP :
1. High brand recognition and recall
2. 1500+ stores in Americas; and a few international locations in middle east.
3. Signature pancakes
4. Wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes
5. Affordable across income segments
6. Licensed to sell breakfast products under IHOP at HOME
7. The company has over 30,000+ people who are employed
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the IHOP SWOT Analysis:
1. Quality control issues across franchises
2. Limited lunch and dinner menu
3. Limited brand recall as compared to global food chains
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in IHOP SWOT Analysis:
1. Global expansion especially in the emerging economies
2. Expansion by acquisition of smaller brands
3. Improve menu for lunch and dinner
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of IHOP are as mentioned:
1. Competitive category by similar players
2. Smaller breakfast places offering better service
3. Health risks of consuming pancakes
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the IHOP SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
IHOP (International House Of Pancakes) DineEquity
Breakfast Foods chain
Everything you love about breakfast
World famous pancakes
Pancake and breakfast lovers
People of all ages
Affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to IHOP. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us