Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Haigh's Chocolates analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Haigh's Chocolates SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Haigh's Chocolates to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Haigh's Chocolates is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Haigh's Chocolates SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Haigh's Chocolates competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Young people and couples who buy chocolate for consumption and gifting.
A trusted Australian family owned company since 1915.
Making (hand-made) fine chocolates from the cocoa bean.
SWOT Analysis of Haigh's Chocolates
Haigh's Chocolates Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Haigh's Chocolates:
1. Strong brand legacy- Operating successfully since 1912.
2. Strong brand equity and high quality productsS 3. Presence in South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.
4. Wide variety of chocolates in attractive packages. (Milk chocolates, Dark Chocolates, Liquor chocolates, etc.)
5. Success of chocolate "Easter Bilby" as an alternative to the Easter Bunny.
6. Popular tours to the factory for the public, to see the making of chocolate.
Haigh's Chocolates Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Haigh's Chocolates SWOT Analysis:
1. Inability to expand business despite of many attempts leading to low market share
2. Couldn’t obtain certification from Fair Trade Foundation.
Haigh's Chocolates Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Haigh's Chocolates SWOT Analysis:
1. Developments in the direction of gift vouchers which are proving to be popular as corporate gifts and company reward programs.
2. Online selling and delivering (E-commerce platform)
3. Market development in rest of Australia and gradually at the global level.
Haigh's Chocolates Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Haigh's Chocolates are as mentioned:
1. Responding to increasing Health consciousness amongst people. 2. Maintaining good quality in perishable category is a challenge. (Whitening of chocolates and inadequate storage conditions hampers brand image.)
3. Strong Competition from other chocolate companies.
Haigh's Chocolates Competition
Haigh's Chocolates Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Haigh's Chocolates:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Haigh's Chocolates. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute