Auntie Anne’s SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Auntie Anne’s, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Auntie Anne’s is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the Auntie Anne’s SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Auntie Anne’s looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Auntie Anne’s :
1. World’s largest soft pretzel franchise
2. 1500 Stores present across almost all US states and 30+ countries.
3. "The Perfect Guarantee," that guarantee you’ll love your pretzel or we’ll replace it with one that you do."
4. Strong Brand Recall Value
5. Concept of allowing people to see the process of baking the pretzels
6. Model of new stores based on a typical home kitchen
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Auntie Anne’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Niche Product Line caters to a specific segment of pretzel eaters
2. Shopping mall traffic, dwindled since the Great Recession means limited market share growth
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Auntie Anne’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth in “alternative locations,” at non-shopping mall locations
2. Growth in newer markets – developing economies
3. Product line expansion without compromising on signature pretzel
4. Can leverage their beverage/coffee line to boost breakfast sales
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Auntie Anne’s are as mentioned:
1. Franchise outlets in different formats – declining consistency and quality – could adversely impact brand value
2. QSR’s adding pretzel bread to menu – eg Wendy's & Dunkin' Donuts
3. Intense competition from international players and rising costs of raw materials
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Auntie Anne’s SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Auntie Anne’s
|Auntie Anne’s Overview|
It's Just How We Roll; Pretzel Perfect
Hand Rolled Soft Pretzel
|Auntie Anne’s STP|
People who eat out for dinner and breakfast
Moms with Kids , Tweens
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Auntie Anne’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us