Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Auntie Anne’s analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Auntie Anne’s SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Auntie Anne’s to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Auntie Anne’s is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Auntie Anne’s SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Auntie Anne’s SWOT Analysis:
For Auntie Anne’s, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Auntie Anne’s Strengths
The strengths of Auntie Anne’s looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Auntie Anne’s :
1. World’s largest soft pretzel franchise
2. 1500 Stores present across almost all US states and 30+ countries.
3. "The Perfect Guarantee," that guarantee you’ll love your pretzel or we’ll replace it with one that you do." 4. Strong Brand Recall Value
5. Concept of allowing people to see the process of baking the pretzels
6. Model of new stores based on a typical home kitchen
Auntie Anne’s Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Auntie Anne’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Niche Product Line caters to a specific segment of pretzel eaters 2. Shopping mall traffic, dwindled since the Great Recession means limited market share growth
Auntie Anne’s Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Auntie Anne’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth in “alternative locations,” at non-shopping mall locations 2. Growth in newer markets – developing economies 3. Product line expansion without compromising on signature pretzel 4. Can leverage their beverage/coffee line to boost breakfast sales
Auntie Anne’s Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Auntie Anne’s are as mentioned:
1. Franchise outlets in different formats – declining consistency and quality – could adversely impact brand value 2. QSR’s adding pretzel bread to menu – eg Wendy's & Dunkin' Donuts
3. Intense competition from international players and rising costs of raw materials
Auntie Anne’s Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Auntie Anne’s:
1. Mrs. Fields' Original Cookies, Inc 2. Wetzel's Pretzels LLC 3. Yogurt Ventures U.S.A., Inc. 4. Philly Pretzel Factory
Hence this concludes the Auntie Anne’s SWOT analysis.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Auntie Anne’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute