Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Auntie Anne’s analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Auntie Anne’s SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Auntie Anne’s to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Auntie Anne’s is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Auntie Anne’s SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Auntie Anne’s competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Auntie Anne’s:
1. World’s largest soft pretzel franchise
2. 1500 Stores present across almost all US states and 30+ countries.
3. "The Perfect Guarantee," that guarantee you’ll love your pretzel or we’ll replace it with one that you do." 4. Strong Brand Recall Value
5. Concept of allowing people to see the process of baking the pretzels
6. Model of new stores based on a typical home kitchen
Auntie Anne’s Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Auntie Anne’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Niche Product Line caters to a specific segment of pretzel eaters 2. Shopping mall traffic, dwindled since the Great Recession means limited market share growth
Auntie Anne’s Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Auntie Anne’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth in “alternative locations,” at non-shopping mall locations 2. Growth in newer markets – developing economies 3. Product line expansion without compromising on signature pretzel 4. Can leverage their beverage/coffee line to boost breakfast sales
Auntie Anne’s Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Auntie Anne’s are as mentioned:
1. Franchise outlets in different formats – declining consistency and quality – could adversely impact brand value 2. QSR’s adding pretzel bread to menu – eg Wendy's & Dunkin' Donuts
3. Intense competition from international players and rising costs of raw materials
Auntie Anne’s Competition
Auntie Anne’s Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Auntie Anne’s:
1. Mrs. Fields' Original Cookies, Inc 2. Wetzel's Pretzels LLC 3. Yogurt Ventures U.S.A., Inc. 4. Philly Pretzel Factory
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Auntie Anne’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute