Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Benihana analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Benihana SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Benihana to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Benihana is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Benihana SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Benihana competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
At Benihana, it's not just a meal, it's an experience
Japanese Steakhouse - theme and sushi dining
People looking for fine dining , authentic and traditional Japanese food
Upper middle class and business professionals
Japanese theme and sushi dining
SWOT Analysis of Benihana
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Benihana:
1. Strong brand name –charge a premium for products
2. hibachi tables with well-trained chefs cooking in front of customers
3. Limited menu, which resulted in reduction of food storage and wastage costs 4. Market Leader in Japanese theme and sushi dining with approx 100 restaurants in over 20+ countries
5. Over 5000 people are employed with the brand worldwide
Here are the weaknesses in the Benihana SWOT Analysis:
1. The company’s small-cap status means it's growing from a much smaller installed base 2. Franchise model limits the level of authenticity, hence not 100% authentic in its food and connoisseurs of Japanese
Following are the Opportunities in Benihana SWOT Analysis:
1. Lower priced food could be sold at side tables to service people not interested in the show / pressed for time 2. Extend menu offerings
3. Global expansion in emerging economies as well as more advertigin to boost brand recall
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Benihana are as mentioned:
1. Franchise model poses limitations of consistency of experience 2. Niche target market – sushi lovers means limited market
3. Unorganised market as well as growth of competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Benihana:
1. P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. 2. The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. 3. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants, Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Benihana. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute