Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Glencore analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Glencore SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Glencore to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Glencore is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Glencore SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Glencore competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Twelfth in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world's largest companies
Metals and minerals
Worldwide supplier of raw materials for automotive, power generation, steel production and food processing industries
Positioned as an international organization with wide customer base for diversified natural resources
SWOT Analysis of Glencore
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Glencore:
1. Number of production facilities all around the world and supplied metals, minerals, crude oil, oil products, coal, natural gas and agricultural products 2. International customers in the automotive, power generation, steel production and food processing industries 3. Glencore and its subsidiaries have operations in 30 countries 4. Focus on cost control and improve logistical capabilities, and maintain and expand its centralized risk management resources and information systems. 5. Reported to serve as a marketing partner for Xstrata 6. Strong customer base and industrial takeovers and strategic mergers 7. Approx 190,000 employees are a part of the organization
Here are the weaknesses in the Glencore SWOT Analysis:
1. Suspended operations at its Ravensworth underground mine following falling coal prices, escalating production costs, and a higher Australian dollar. 2. Accused of allegedly operating in various countries without an environment management plan
Following are the Opportunities in Glencore SWOT Analysis:
1. Be an admired company by employing transparent tax paying policies in various countries of operations 2. Opportunity to improve its image in terms of diversity by employing female staff in its various units 3. Engagement of society and diversification of business through inclusive community growth and development plans
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Glencore are as mentioned:
1. Threat of governments policies and pressure from NGOs in various countries 2. Price competitiveness from local players 3. Threat of being tagged as an anti social and environment harming organization
Below are the top 4 competitors of Glencore:
1. BHP Billiton PLC 2. Vale SA 3. Rio Tinto PLC
4. Boliden AB
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Glencore. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute