Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of African Rainbow Minerals analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In African Rainbow Minerals SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like African Rainbow Minerals to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. African Rainbow Minerals is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the African Rainbow Minerals SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top African Rainbow Minerals competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Along with diverse range of products and fast expansion the company is rated as the top employer of South Africa
African Rainbow Minerals STP
Integrated steel and alloy companies, Construction sector , Precious metals refineries and smelters around the world
Leading South African diversified mining and minerals companywith long-life, low unit cost operations.
SWOT Analysis of African Rainbow Minerals
African Rainbow Minerals Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of African Rainbow Minerals:
1. ARM has interests in a wide range of mines, including platinum and platinum group metals (PGMs), iron, coal, copper, and gold.
2. ARM's Goedgevonden coalmine near Witbank is a flagship of their joint venture with Xstrata, and produces 6.5+ million tons of coal per year
3. ARM entered a joint venture with Vale to build a copper mine in Zambia, which is expected to produce 100,000 tons of copper.
4. Diverse products including Ferrous Metals, Coal and Copper
5. Employee base of 12,000+
6. Rich exploration projects conducted by the company
7. Mergers and acquisition of new mines in diverse metals and precious metals has kept the company fresh in terms of products
8. Volumes increased in nickel, PGMs, iron ore, chrome ore, export coal and Eskom coal, from Goedgevonden Mine.
African Rainbow Minerals Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the African Rainbow Minerals SWOT Analysis:
1. High level of involvement of South African govt has lead to regulatory difficulties for the company in past
2. Criticized for air and water pollution from the mines and metallurgical plants in domestic and international centers has caused problems for the operations of its plants
African Rainbow Minerals Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in African Rainbow Minerals SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion of precious metals mines and production owing to high and increasing demand of Gold, Silver and Platinum in European , US and Asian markets 2. Capitalize and entry in the copper refining and semiconductor market as the company has interest in copper 3. Expansion of coal mining through mergers thus becoming self sustainable in its energy requirement and commercialization of coal extract
African Rainbow Minerals Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of African Rainbow Minerals are as mentioned:
1. Threat of domestic politics on the expansion and operational policies of the company 2. Threat of high and increasing commodity prices on the sustenance of profits of the company
3. Threat of economic stability of international market as the sale of products are directly dependent on it.
African Rainbow Minerals Competition
African Rainbow Minerals Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of African Rainbow Minerals:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to African Rainbow Minerals. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute