Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of AkzoNobel analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In AkzoNobel SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like AkzoNobel to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. AkzoNobel is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the AkzoNobel SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the AkzoNobel SWOT Analysis:
For AkzoNobel, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of AkzoNobel looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of AkzoNobel :
1. AkzoNobel is the largest global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals 2. With operations in 80 countries and having human capital of around 55,000 this Netherlands’ paint major is in Global Fortune 500 and one of the leaders in Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. 3. The world's best-selling paint: powder coatings, wood coatings, coil coatings, marine protective coatings, aerospace coatings. European markets selling paint: decorative coating Asia-Pacific market and the North American market selling coatings: decorative paints, wood coating. 4. Wide variety of products ranging from paints to industrial chemicals to organic chemicals provides them scope of diversification compared to other conventional paint companies. 5. Continuous R&Ds with international facilities and minds coming together has helped them stay at par with competitors.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the AkzoNobel SWOT Analysis:
1. In decorative paints Industry Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem. 2.Large working capital required.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in AkzoNobel SWOT Analysis:
1. Capitalizing on emerging Asian Markets is critical. 2.With more advertising like Asian paints, Nerolac and Berger Paints they can create more brand awareness for their lesser known products. 3. Being an international company and financially strong company they can use their muscle power to enter potential markets in a strong way.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of AkzoNobel are as mentioned:
1.European markets are in bad shape; growth opportunities very limited. 2.Local competitors who offer few products at lesser price
3. Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products and manufacturing facilities as Environment policies are given more emphasis.
4. Raw material scarcity, volatility in prices
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of AkzoNobel:
An international brand that caters to wide range of industries ranging from infrastructure to personal care.
Upper and middle class strata who want good quality products with international brand.
Paint category-infrastructure (homes and commercial buildings) industry, industrial chemicals-process industries; surface chemistry-personal care industry.
A global brand serving world over in paints & protective coatings, industrial chemicals and organic formulations.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to AkzoNobel. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute