Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Agrium Inc analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Agrium Inc SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Agrium Inc to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Agrium Inc is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Agrium Inc SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Agrium Inc competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Where the future is growing; Feeding a Growing World
The only publicly traded company that crosses the entire agricultural value-chain
Agrium Inc STP
Businesses focused on improving quality and sustainability of their fertilizers.
Farmers and businesses using fertilizers for crop protection and growth.
Major retail supplier of agricultural products and services in North and South America.
SWOT Analysis of Agrium Inc
Agrium Inc Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Agrium Inc:
1. The company operates more than 500 retail centres in the U.S and South America under the brand names Western Farm Service, Crop Production Services, and AgroserviciosPampeanos S.A.[ 2. Agrium Advanced Technologies focuses on consumer benefit as well as environmental growth. 3. They have pricing power over suppliers and customers in the North and South American region. 4. Awards in October 2008 and 2009 as one of Alberta’s top employers and Canada’s top employers respectively.
Agrium Inc Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Agrium Inc SWOT Analysis:
1. Violations of environmental regulations affect brand image 2. Lack of strong partnerships with distributors outside the American continent.
Agrium Inc Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Agrium Inc SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion measures in full swing, especially in the emerging economies in the Asian continent. 2. Emergence of new technologies in the agricultural sector. 3. There is a lot of demand from India and China in the commodities space.
4. International trade with Asian and European economies will add to foreign exchange reserves.
Agrium Inc Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Agrium Inc are as mentioned:
1. Stricter environmental regulations in the agricultural and fertilizer sector. 2. The industry is very volatile with increasing demand for more sustainable products and emergence of new players. 3. Emergence of substitutes for Agrium’s products.
Agrium Inc Competition
Agrium Inc Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Agrium Inc:
1. Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc. 2.CF Industries Holdings Inc. 3. Yara International ASA
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Agrium Inc. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute