Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Linde Group analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Linde Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Linde Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Linde Group is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Linde Group SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Linde Group SWOT Analysis:
For Linde Group, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Linde Group Strengths
The strengths of Linde Group looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Linde Group :
1. Offers complete portfolio of industrial and specialty gases and applications to support chemical production processes
2. Focused on innovative solutions engineered to improve safety, enhance quality and reduce environmental impact
3. Experts in Inerting, purging & blanketing
4. Presence in water treatment sector
5. Over 60,000 employees form a huge workforce with expertise for the company
6. Through international collaboration and partnerships, it has its presence in 100 countries
Linde Group Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Linde Group SWOT Analysis:
1. The fluctuation in economic condition affects the industry
2. Production cost affected by the increasing cost of production of industrial gases
3. Growth of the business limited by raising debt
Linde Group Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Linde Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Innovations such as alternatives to carcinogenic solvents attracting customers by offering environment friendly solutions
2. To thrive on cost efficient modular and hardware footprints
3. Requirements to meet stringent energy targets by customers
4. Owners of largest helium facility
Linde Group Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Linde Group are as mentioned:
1. Increase inclination towards shale gas and by products
2. Threat of further decrease in production margin
3. High levels of sovereign debt worldwide, currency fluctuations
Linde Group Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Linde Group:
1. Air Liquide SA
2. Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
3. Airgas, Inc.
4. Praxair, Inc.
Hence this concludes the Linde Group SWOT analysis.
Fine & specialty chemicals, Base & petrochemicals, Pharma & biotech and Refining
Healthcare industry, energy requirements, gas products
Cost efficient sustainable solutions to customers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Linde Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute