Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of OlaCabs analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In OlaCabs SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like OlaCabs to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. OlaCabs is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the OlaCabs SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the OlaCabs SWOT Analysis:
For OlaCabs, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of OlaCabs looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of OlaCabs :
1. First mover advantage as a taxi aggregator in India
2. Acquisition of Taxi For Sure made it No. 1 in India
3. Top of the mind service
4. High awareness due to aggressive TV, online and print media marketing
5.Huge customer base & due to network effect it is increasing
6. Rapid expansion and online application
7. Multiple rounds of VC investments have made the brand financially strong
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the OlaCabs SWOT Analysis:
1. Drivers are the face of the company and hence their misbehavior directly affects the brand image
2. While the demand is huge, amount of cash burning is huge and monetization is very difficult
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in OlaCabs SWOT Analysis:
1. Unorganized market is huge (~90%) and hence potential is high
2.Increasing internet penetration & smart phone users
3. Rising disposable income
4. Shifting of consumers towards convenience creates huge demand
5. Acquisition of smaller players
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of OlaCabs are as mentioned:
1. Rising competition
2. Uber has deep pocket and hence can burn cash heavily
3. Presence of many national players
4. Absence of clear government regulations in developing countries
5. Future is unclear due to lack of regulations and Customer loyalty is less in this industry
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of OlaCabs:
People who mobile from one place to another for any purpose
Customers who are in need of cabs instantly
Using technology to bring the higher efficiency and customer experience
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to OlaCabs. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute