Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Flipkart analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Flipkart SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Flipkart to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Flipkart is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Flipkart SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Flipkart competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Flipkart has a wide variety of products across many segments
Customers who prefer online medium of shopping
Middle and upper-middle income online shoppers
Flipkart is a one stop online store to cater to all customer needs
SWOT Analysis of Flipkart
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Flipkart:
1. Innovative advertisements of Flipkart featuring kids who portray the role of adults. This increases brand awareness and also expands the customer base of online shoppers.
2. Flipkart is backed by global investors like Tiger Global, DST Global, and Naspers 3. Impressive list of acquisitions like Myntra, LetsBuy, Chakpak, AdiQuity etc 4. Exclusive tie-ups with brands like Motorola Mobility, Xiaomi led to very successful product launches
5. Venturing into product manufacturing For eg- Digiflip tablets, Citron home appliances and health care devices
6. Flipkart has a strong logistic support of eKart
7. Flipkart is the first billion dollar ecommerce company in India.
8. Millions of people are registered users with the brand
9. Strong presence of Flipkart due to extensive advertising, marketing etc
10. Good customer support like helpline, online feedbacks, product replacements etc
Here are the weaknesses in the Flipkart SWOT Analysis:
1. Huge investment leading to losses over the years hurts the brand image of Flipkart
2. Acquisition of loss making firms can add to its burden
Following are the Opportunities in Flipkart SWOT Analysis:
1. Business expansion to other countries can be big boost for Flipkart 2. Foray into furniture and fresh product business to increase its breadth of product categories
3. Ever expanding internet penetration in India can be tapped by Flipkart
4. Better online secure payments can instill more confidence in people to shop online
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Flipkart are as mentioned:
1. Global competitors like Amazon making its foray in Indian online retail market can reduce Flipkart's market share
2. Investigations by authorities to check its FDI regulations compliance
3. Flipkart's business can be affected by fluctuating economy and unfavorable market conditions & govt policies
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Flipkart. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute