Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dropbox analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dropbox SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dropbox to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dropbox is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Dropbox SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dropbox competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Working professionals, Students and personal users
Good things happen when your stuff lives here
Dropbox keeps your files safe, synced, and easy to share
SWOT Analysis of Dropbox
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dropbox:
1. High user base – more than 300 million users
2. Easy installation process and also multi-language support
3. Available on multiple platforms
4. High awareness among internet users
5. Simple design & user friendly interface
6. Innovative service – replacement of USB drive
7. Strong financials
Here are the weaknesses in the Dropbox SWOT Analysis:
1. Smaller space for free version compared to Google drive
2. Security of customers data on cloud is still a concern
Following are the Opportunities in Dropbox SWOT Analysis:
1. People are in need of an easy way to transfer files
2. Rapid technological development
3. Research and development for Service expansion – Opportunity to expand to new services
4. Increasing internet penetration and number of smartphone users
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dropbox are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition
2. Changes in government regulation – Server location issues raised by few governments
3. Changes in consumer tastes – continuous improvement is needed – Else it will become obsolete soon
4. Availability of substitute products
5. Security and privacy issues
Below are the top 3 competitors of Dropbox:
1. Google Drive
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dropbox. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute