Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of FirstCry analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In FirstCry SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like FirstCry to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. FirstCry is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the FirstCry SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the FirstCry SWOT Analysis:
For FirstCry, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of FirstCry looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of FirstCry :
1. 1,000,000 plus customer base and one of Asia's Largest Online Portal for Baby and Kids Products
2.90,000 plus products from 1,200 plus brands.
3. Collaboration with brands like Funskool, Farlin, Mattel, Pampers, Disney etc.
4. Four rounds of fund raising from investors like Saif Partners, Valiant Capital Partner, IDG Ventures India etc.
5.Increased sales and brand visibility by venturing into offline mode of sale through its 100 stores in 85 cities. These are franchised stores.
6. Subscription services offered by it is a good customer retention strategy.
7. Concepts like “gift boxes” which it delivers to new mothers in collaboration with hospitals help in customer acquisition. It has delivered 6,00,000 plus firstcry boxes till date.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the FirstCry SWOT Analysis:
1. It caters to niche segment which is yet to develop fully in India
2. Too much reliance on word of mouth publicity can be a drawback in a scenario when ecommerce giants like flipkart and Amazon have aggressive marketing campaigns.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in FirstCry SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion to other countries
2. Diversification to include home décor products. Sports products etc.
3. Strong focus on. its private label business called Babyhug can be very promising
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of FirstCry are as mentioned:
1. Competition from offline stores like Mom and Me. Mahindra Group which owns Mom and Me has recently acquired its rival BabyOye.
2. Online competitors like Hopscotch and BabyOye getting funding from investors like Helion Venture Partners, Velos Capital Partners etc
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of FirstCry:
Parents of young children who prefer online medium of shopping
Middle income, young parents who are online shoppers
Wide range of products covering different aspects of baby’s needs.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to FirstCry. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute