Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of OLX analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In OLX SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like OLX to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. OLX is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the OLX SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the OLX SWOT Analysis:
For OLX, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of OLX looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of OLX :
1. It is present in over 100+ countries, and thus have great learning curve.
2. It receives around 1.5 billion page views in a month, which gives a hint of its brand visibility in India.
3. Strong backing by Naspers which has experience in working with ecommerce giants
4. Strong advertising campaigns have made olx really popular among television viewing audience.
5. OLX has strong positioning in vehicle category with around 850 million page views a month.
6. According to certain reports, OLX is a market leader in C2C business in India.
7. Strong advertisements through TVCs, prinbt and online media
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the OLX SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of strong features to convert non-internet users as potential clients.
2. Intense competition means limited ROI considering huge investments in marketing
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in OLX SWOT Analysis:
1. Diversification of its portfolio to include various other subcategories.
2. Setting up of offline/kiosks to increase its brand awareness as well to acquire new customers.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of OLX are as mentioned:
1.Funding of competitors like Quickr by investors.
2. Offline stores like Big Bazaar coming up with marketing campaigns to provided discounts on old goods.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of OLX:
Keemat bhi, Kuch Keemti Bhi!; Phone ko Sell Phone banao
Brand awareness and visibility
Low-middle income customers
Price sensitive, low-middle income customers
Faciliates buying and selling of a plethora of goods
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to OLX. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute