Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Viber analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Viber SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Viber to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Viber is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Viber SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Viber SWOT Analysis:
For Viber, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Viber looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Viber :
1. Viber has a huge customer base with approx 800 million users in over 190 countries
2. Constantly innovating by introducing new platforms and adding fun new features including stickers and emoticons
3. Free text, calling, photo messages and location-sharing with Viber users
4. No registration, alias or invitations required
5. Viber instantly integrates with the users contact list for ease of use
6. Best-quality mobile calls using 3G or Wi-Fi
7. Viber has a strong financial backing of its parent company Rakuten
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Viber SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth for Viber
2. Many similar apps gives people more choices & limited brand loyalty
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Viber SWOT Analysis:
1. Rapid technological development means newer opportunities for Viber to engage users
2. Better services can be provided to customers & users
3. Increasing internet penetration and number of smartphone users
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Viber are as mentioned:
1. Voice Over Internet Protocol is restricted in some countries
2. Intense Competition means limited user engagement for Viber customers
3. Quality & bandwidth is not same in all the countries
4. Easy product substitution available due to several apps & social media platforms
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Viber:
Viber only uses mobile number as registration for sharing images & videos
All Smartphone Users
Customers who need Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) application (Relatively younger segment)
Viber can be used for free calls, text and picture sharing with anyone & anywhere globally
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Viber. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute