Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Goibibo analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Goibibo SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Goibibo to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Goibibo is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Goibibo SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Goibibo competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Travelers who use internet for online transactions
Positioned as a trusted online booking portal as well as travelling consultant offering cheapest fares in flights, bus, hotels etc
SWOT Analysis of Goibibo
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Goibibo:
1. Goibibo has its biggest strength of air travel booking as it has the lowest ticket over all the ecommerce platforms of travel booking. 2. Goibibo offers a variety of products under its name. 3. It has made travel booking easier and simpler with its various online applications like mobile applications, windows 8 application, etc. 4. Goibibo provides best deal to its customers. 5. Fast and easy refund and service for all the product line. 6. Recently acquired RedBus.in, providing it a competitive advantage over others. 7. All the transactions are secured by PayU, the payment gateway.
Here are the weaknesses in the Goibibo SWOT Analysis:
1. People are still reluctant to use internet for financial transactions like online ticket booking, hotel booking, etc.
Following are the Opportunities in Goibibo SWOT Analysis:
1. Leverage from Redbus acquisition 2. Offer more options for payments
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Goibibo are as mentioned:
1. There may be a possible lack of co-ordination with tourism entities. 2. Too many players in online booking area 3. Internet penetration still low.
Below are the top 3 competitors of Goibibo:
1. Makemytrip.com 2. Cleartrip.com 3. Yatra.com
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Goibibo. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute