Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Hoya Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Hoya Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Hoya Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Hoya Corporation is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Hoya Corporation SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Hoya Corporation competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Focus on specialisation; specialised expertise in diverse segments
Hoya Corporation STP
IT, IT solutions and life care
Hospitals, health care businesses, optics industry
A brand that continuously strives to improve the lives of its customers
SWOT Analysis of Hoya Corporation
Hoya Corporation Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Hoya Corporation:
1. Strong employee base of over 32,000 employees 2. Diverse presence in the three segments, with over 20 product categories in all 3. Low dependence on any one market for revenue and sustenance - most of its revenues are from life care segment, information technology segment 4. Acquisition of Starion Instruments Corp made it a strong global player in the medical devices market
5. Its product portfolio includes optical products such as photomasks, photomask blanks and glass magnetic-memory disks, contact lenses and eyeglass lenses using wavefront technology
Hoya Corporation Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Hoya Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. The company witnessed a decline in revenues and profits over a period of time. Hoya’s revenues decreased which is a concern 2. Hoya also witnessed significant decline in profitability. 3. Weak financial position has led to weakened position to respond to changes in the business environment
Hoya Corporation Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Hoya Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing market for interocular lenses - According to industry sources, the global IOL market is expected to grow significantly 2. Growing semiconductors market worldwide is a huge opportunity which needs to be tapped 3. Growing medical devices market – supported by large aging populations in countries like the US and China
Hoya Corporation Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Hoya Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Exchange rate fluctuations will strongly impact Hoya as it has large international functions and operates in terms of the Japanese Yen 2. Intense competition from established players such as Bausch & Lomb 3. Rapid technological changes with which the company is not equipped to cope, given its weak financial position and large outflow of money in servicing the financing activities
Hoya Corporation Competition
Hoya Corporation Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Hoya Corporation:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hoya Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute