Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Amphenol analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Amphenol SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Amphenol to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Amphenol is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Amphenol SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Amphenol competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Amphenol:
1. Presence in diverse markets and strong product portfolio 2. The company has close to 40,000 employees and a strong geographical presence 3. Relatively higher profit margins and better financial performance as compared to competitors - The company’s free cash flow grew at a consistent rate 4. Manufacturing capabilities present across wide geographical areas – in Asia, Europe, North America
Here are the weaknesses in the Amphenol SWOT Analysis:
1. Overdependence on communications industry – although it has a wide and diverse product portfolio, majority of its revenues came from sales to the communications sector 2. It does mostly rebuilding and constructing of spare parts in the industries in which it is present – not a final goods producer
Following are the Opportunities in Amphenol SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing smartphones and tablets market 2. Leading provider of circuits that are used in majority of the world’s phones 3. North American coaxial cable market of which the company is a part, is expected to grow
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Amphenol are as mentioned:
1. Changes in defence expenditure may alter company’s profitability as it is heavily dependent on governments’ spends on defence 2. Operations in over 70 countries makes the company vulnerable to global fluctuations and slowdowns 3. Amphenol faces intense competition especially in relation to delivery time of products
Below are the top 5 competitors of Amphenol:
1. CommScope, Inc.
2. Methode Electronics, Inc.
3. Molex Incorporated
4. TE Connectivity Ltd.
5. Hubbell Incorporated
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Amphenol. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute