OMRON Corporation SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of OMRON Corporation, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like OMRON Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. OMRON Corporation is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the OMRON Corporation SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the OMRON Corporation SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For OMRON Corporation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of OMRON Corporation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of OMRON Corporation :
1. Strong employee base of about 36,000 people
2. Strong R&D focus – total expenditure on R&D is a substantial amount which helps in innovation
3. Strong and diverse product portfolio with many innovative products such as hand gesture recognition technology
4. Balanced product portfolio and revenues – with markets distributed across product segments; this provides a shock-cushion as negative impacts in one segment will not affect revenues
5. Robust market share – the company is a leading player with a consistent share
6. It has developed medical equipment, ATM machines, oilfield and marine equipment etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the OMRON Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong dependence on Asian market, especially Japan and China, for revenue
2. Weakening financial position and declining margins is a concern
3. High concentration of production units in Japan and Asia in comparison with elsewhere in the world – means high distribution cost and risks of being affected by local market trends
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in OMRON Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong outlook for global control systems market
2. Accelerated growth in global electronic components market
3. Global electronic components market has wide range of products under it which could be explored
4. Tie-ups and acquisition of smaller enterprises to boost operations
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of OMRON Corporation are as mentioned:
1. The company faces strong competition especially in the pricing and customer service domains
2. The company has many overseas affiliates and currency fluctuations will greatly impact the functioning of the business
3. Need for compliance to various environmental laws and regulations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of OMRON Corporation:
1. Rockwell Automation
2. Emerson Electric Co.
3. Mitsubishi Corporation
4. Schneider Electric SA
5. Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
Hence this concludes the OMRON Corporation SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|OMRON Corporation Overview|
Automation solutions for a changing world
|OMRON Corporation STP|
Industrial automation, electronic components, automotive sector, social systems, healthcare
Industrial sector, electronics makers
One that keeps pace with change
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to OMRON Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us