Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of OMRON Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In OMRON Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like OMRON Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. OMRON Corporation is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the OMRON Corporation SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top OMRON Corporation competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Industrial automation, electronic components, automotive sector, social systems, healthcare
Industrial sector, electronics makers
One that keeps pace with change
SWOT Analysis of OMRON Corporation
OMRON Corporation Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of OMRON Corporation:
1. Strong employee base of about 36,000 people 2. Strong R&D focus – total expenditure on R&D is a substantial amount which helps in innovation 3. Strong and diverse product portfolio with many innovative products such as hand gesture recognition technology 4. Balanced product portfolio and revenues – with markets distributed across product segments; this provides a shock-cushion as negative impacts in one segment will not affect revenues 5. Robust market share – the company is a leading player with a consistent share
6. It has developed medical equipment, ATM machines, oilfield and marine equipment etc
OMRON Corporation Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the OMRON Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong dependence on Asian market, especially Japan and China, for revenue 2. Weakening financial position and declining margins is a concern 3. High concentration of production units in Japan and Asia in comparison with elsewhere in the world – means high distribution cost and risks of being affected by local market trends
OMRON Corporation Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in OMRON Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong outlook for global control systems market 2. Accelerated growth in global electronic components market 3. Global electronic components market has wide range of products under it which could be explored
4. Tie-ups and acquisition of smaller enterprises to boost operations
OMRON Corporation Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of OMRON Corporation are as mentioned:
1. The company faces strong competition especially in the pricing and customer service domains 2. The company has many overseas affiliates and currency fluctuations will greatly impact the functioning of the business 3. Need for compliance to various environmental laws and regulations
OMRON Corporation Competition
OMRON Corporation Competitors
Below are the top 5 competitors of OMRON Corporation:
1. Rockwell Automation
2. Emerson Electric Co.
3. Mitsubishi Corporation
4. Schneider Electric SA
5. Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to OMRON Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute