Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of BAE Systems analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In BAE Systems SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like BAE Systems to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. BAE Systems is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the BAE Systems SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the BAE Systems SWOT Analysis:
For BAE Systems, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
BAE Systems Strengths
The strengths of BAE Systems looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of BAE Systems :
1. Industry Recognition in defense aerospace security 2. Diversified business maintainence training and consulting 3. Focus on R&D with over 85,000 people employed 4. Strong growth in revenue and profits
5. BAE Systems is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
6. The company has its global presence in Australia, India, Saudi Arabia, the UK and the US
BAE Systems Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the BAE Systems SWOT Analysis:
1. Relatively low employee productivity 2. Unfunded employee post-retirement benefits 3. Allegations of corruption have affected brand image
BAE Systems Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in BAE Systems SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic acquisitions would help build the foundation 2. Rising global defense spending 3. Growth in global aerospace and defense market
BAE Systems Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of BAE Systems are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition 2. Change in governments or government policy might affect their profits 3. Slowdown in economy will result in budget cuts for emerging market governments
BAE Systems Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of BAE Systems:
One of the biggest defense contractors in the world
BAE Systems STP
Aerospace and defense security products
National Governments and their armies
Aim to be at the forefront of defense technology by providing sophisticated cyber services to mission critical electronic systems
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to BAE Systems. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute