Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Mamas & Papas analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mamas & Papas SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mamas & Papas to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mamas & Papas is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Mamas & Papas SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Mamas & Papas SWOT Analysis:
For Mamas & Papas , SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Mamas & Papas Strengths
The strengths of Mamas & Papas looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mamas & Papas :
1. M&P have over 60 stores in the UK & Ireland with a growing number of franchise stores in the Middle East, Far East, North America and South America.
2. M&P products are designed by parents for parents.
3. Innovation is the key strength of M&P. Innovative designs for baby goods on display.
4. Good quality products on offer with wide variety of designs.
5. Highly Committed and motivated employees on board with a workforce of over 1000+
6. Well maintained online portal
Mamas & Papas Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Mamas & Papas SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has yet to establish itself as a major global player
2. Intense competition especially from standalone stores in the unorganized market makes its market share growth slow
Mamas & Papas Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Mamas & Papas SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding International business franchise partners
2. Increasing marketing exercises through TVCs, online campaigns to increase brand recall
Mamas & Papas Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mamas & Papas are as mentioned:
1. Low entry barriers for Baby goods
2. Online space reaching beyond boundaries might cause tough completion to ‘Mamas and Papas’
3. Higher costs of operations and infrastructure
Mamas & Papas Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Mamas & Papas :
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mamas & Papas . This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute