Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Foodland Supermarket analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Foodland Supermarket SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Foodland Supermarket to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Foodland Supermarket is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Foodland Supermarket SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Foodland Supermarket competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Foodland Supermarket:
1. Foodland prices are competitive and we have a new catalogue out every week that is filled with hundreds of great specials from all departments’. Extensive range of products under the Foodland Brand.
2. Foodland retailers have been supporting South Aussie sporting and community clubs, charities and schools for 50 years. Our retailers donate to over 200 sporting clubs, 100 schools and kindergartens and over 250 other charities and community groups every year.
3. Strong footprint, the Foodland store chain consists of approx 70 conventional supermarkets in the US
4. Foodland consistently offer amazingly fresh produce as well as having a great variety of choice.
5. The FoodLand Supermarket concept is unique in that the square footage of each store varies and is based on the size of the community each store serves. Internally within the chain, stores are classified as "A" (smaller/medium volume) and "AA" (larger/high volume)
6. Free parking is huge pulling point for customers, especially on the weekend when customer traffic is high.
7. Good online delivery/pick up system in place which shows the streamlined process being followed.
Foodland Supermarket Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Foodland Supermarket SWOT Analysis:
1. Brand has restrictive geographic presence and no international presence
2. Loss of inventory is frequent problem the management is facing.
Foodland Supermarket Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Foodland Supermarket SWOT Analysis:
1. Launching café outlets in other Foodland stores too
2. Expanding International business franchise partners
3. More services and offerings for customers and focus on advertising to build image further
Foodland Supermarket Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Foodland Supermarket are as mentioned:
1. Too many brand outlets in the same place
2. More marketing by competitors is a threat
3. Increasing costs of operations and infrastructure is an issue
Foodland Supermarket Competition
Foodland Supermarket Competitors
Below are the top 2 competitors of Foodland Supermarket:
1. Aldi Australia
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Foodland Supermarket. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute