Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of QVC analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In QVC SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like QVC to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. QVC is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the QVC SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top QVC competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Best shopping experience in terms of value, quality and ease
SWOT Analysis of QVC
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of QVC:
1. Strong brand recognition because of presence in television broadcast technology from a long time (started in 1986)
2. Presence in 6 countries – US, UK, Germany, Japan, China and Italy
3. Has reach to over 235 million households in the markets it currently caters
4. Loyal customer base due to over 25 years of experience in the market
5. Presence across broadcast, internet, mobile platforms and retail outlets
6. Innovative and aggressive marketing campaign which complement the online expansion and ambitions it harbors
Here are the weaknesses in the QVC SWOT Analysis:
1. The current generation is moving away from TV to only online thus reducing QVC’s original customer base
2. Unable to expand in the e-commerce space at a pace it must to keep up with competition 3. It’s a live channel, hence no product re-runs which is disadvantageous to the customers
Following are the Opportunities in QVC SWOT Analysis:
1. Expand through acquisition in e-commerce space 2. Growing demand for new products and services which it could fulfill due to presence across multiple channels
3. Internet and phone apps can help it expand to new markets and growing economies like India
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of QVC are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition for competitors especially e-commerce websites 2. Economic downturn in Europe will affect its operations, since it plans to launch its new channel in Italy 3. It could be dragged into a price war to gain market
Below are the top 3 competitors of QVC:
1. Ideal World
2. EVINE Line, Inc.
3. HSN Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to QVC. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute