Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Austin Reed analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Austin Reed SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Austin Reed to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Austin Reed is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Austin Reed SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Austin Reed competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Quality tailoring; It’s just part of the Austin Reed service
Remarkable tailoring and a passion for quality without compromise
Austin Reed STP
Business and leisure clothing and other related products for men and women
Urban men and women business executives from the upper-middle class
High quality, value-for-money ready-to-wear suits
SWOT Analysis of Austin Reed
Austin Reed Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Austin Reed:
1. It is an upmarket chain with over 70 retail outlets
2. Progressive brand that was both fashion-forward and classically elegant
3. Pioneer in Departmental format
4. Loyal Customer Base and high brand equity
5. Low risk & sturdy business model
6. Healthy financial position, low gearing
7. Presence across retail segments, lifestyle, value & specialty retailing
Austin Reed Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Austin Reed SWOT Analysis:
1. Late foray into value retailing means tough competition 2. Despite all efforts, high possibility of brand switching due to many options
Austin Reed Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Austin Reed SWOT Analysis:
1.Expected growth in the organized retail to result in better footfall and conversion rates
2. Entry into tier 2 and tier 3 cities and global expansion
3. Collaboration with foreign players because of a national brand
Austin Reed Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Austin Reed are as mentioned:
1. Employee shortage and attrition due to rapid growth in retail sector.
2. Impact of slowdown in consumer spends to be felt on department stores
3. Opening up of economy for free entry of foreign players that is FDI
4. Competition from standalone specialty stores.
Austin Reed Competition
Austin Reed Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Austin Reed:
2. Marks and Spencer
3. Moss Brothers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Austin Reed. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute