Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of bebe Stores analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In bebe Stores SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like bebe Stores to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. bebe Stores is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the bebe Stores SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top bebe Stores competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Unique, exceptional quality and provide contemporary fashion at competitive pricing
bebe Stores STP
Hip and trendy women with a very sophisticated mindset who follows latest fashion trends
Urban upper class young women
Contemporary , stylish women apparel and accessories which gives a hint of sensuality
SWOT Analysis of bebe Stores
bebe Stores Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of bebe Stores:
1.Partnership with national and regional magazines to host events benefiting non-profit organizations
2. Approximately over 250 retail stores across countries
3. Expansion in new product categories, including denim, leather, lingerie, swimwear and footwear
4. Provides extensive benefits to their employees hence maintains employee loyalty which results into customer satisfaction
5. Unique target market with sophisticated and sensual concept
6. One of the well-known international brand
7. Company follows vertical integration i.e. designs and develops the majority of merchandise in-house with outsourced manufacturing which saves lot of money in manufacturing
8. Excellent brand visibility and advertising
bebe Stores Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the bebe Stores SWOT Analysis:
1.Slightly higher priced and hence a premium choice in emerging economies 2. Presence of other international brands therefore high brand switching
bebe Stores Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in bebe Stores SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion of brands in emerging market, countries like India, South Korea, China 2. Can diversify their brand presence in footwear or handbags which are complementary products for clothes wear
3. Product innovation to attract other segment
bebe Stores Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of bebe Stores are as mentioned:
1. Local market may offer similar product with less price by compromising on quality 2. Changing consumer perception and demand 3.Idea can be easily copied hence more competition
4. Changing economic condition may impose restriction in spending of consumers
5. Customers are constantly looking for the best products at the lowest prices hence high brand switching
bebe Stores Competition
bebe Stores Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of bebe Stores:
1. Wet Seal
2. J Crew
4. Smaller and privately held designers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to bebe Stores. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute