Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Calvin Klein analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Calvin Klein SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Calvin Klein to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Calvin Klein is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Calvin Klein SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Calvin Klein SWOT Analysis:
For Calvin Klein, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Calvin Klein Strengths
The strengths of Calvin Klein looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Calvin Klein :
1. Modern and minimalistic brand with excellent brand equity
2. Company has licenses for cosmetics, jeans, and menswear, sports, watches, jewellery etc
3. Strong brand name and good marketing
4. Global distributed system is excellent and has a reach in over 21 countries
5. The advertising campaign is found in high fashion magazines including Vogue, Elle, Harpers Bazaar, and Glamour hence good consumer awareness
Calvin Klein Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Calvin Klein SWOT Analysis:
1. Products are expensive and premium which means limited target audience, and brand switching 2. Fake imitation and duplicate products are affecting sales
Calvin Klein Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Calvin Klein SWOT Analysis:
1. Population growth, development and economic integration
2. Development of internet, and other mass media where brand penetration can happen
3. great opportunity in developing countries like India
Calvin Klein Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Calvin Klein are as mentioned:
1. Customer needs and changing perception 2. Global factors like high tax implications, High inflation which affects buying behavior of consumer 3. Customers look for high quality with low price hence high chances of brand switching
Calvin Klein Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Calvin Klein:
Customers looking for high end best products, fashion conscious
Urban upper class youth and business executives
Rich and quality product for the rich
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Calvin Klein. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute